Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Resolutions Countdown

Happy New Year 2011 to you all!!! I can't wait for bloggydom to get rolling with blogs again as everyone resumes their activities. My resolutions for this year are but not limited to the following:

1. Jogging every weekends: Tick. I have started this already and my muscles were so pulled tight, i thought i was going to collapse from pain. Also, i have a pear shape i desperately need to get into shape (thank you mom for those genes) even though i am not close to being plump. I jogged during the weekend and i gasped so much for breath. I now have a new found respect for athletes and showbiz people.

2. Family ties: Tick. Spend more time with my family. I'm an independent girl on a business mission so i did enjoy my holiday reunion with my family. More of that, definitely.

3. Writing/Editing/Submitting: My YA Mainstream WIP is over 50,000 words and my target is 80,000. After NaNoWriMo, i neglected it so i need to pick it up again. My romance fiction is a work in progress after my first chapter submission to Harlequin. My writing had suffered badly due to work, home stress and my Masters Degree Thesis. So, this year i need to pick it up again, finish my 2 WIPs (the romance WIP has surpassed the YA Mainstream unfortunately) and edit, revise and then start submitting. Hopefully, i'll finish my Thesis in late February and pick up my beloved writing.

4. Get Married: Well...well...well...i do want to get married but it seems that each time i get financially closer to my goal (my fiance too), one pressing commitment rises its ugly head. I do not even want to listen to my alter ego telling me if both of us are even serious to begin with. But deep down, i do want to get married, though i am not 100% desperate about this. My biological clock isn't helping matters also. Tick tock, tick tock...countdown begins.

5. Higher work pay: I definitely am working on this as its about time i start buying those things on display in shops (clothes, shoes, accessories, you name it) and travel (hmmm....bahamas calling) to exotic areas. You only live once, right? So, why should i be stuck in a routine job while saddled with more responsibilities than i can think of and still get underpaid? (Seriously affecting resolution 4 above). And how can i achieve this...Psst.

6. Save: Definitely not easy when your salary is average (nope, i'm not telling what i earn) but i am working towards achieving resolution 5 which would translate to a better and higher savings plan for myself and my unborn kids.

7. Have fun: Tick. You only live once so i am getting out of my conservative self and exploring the night scene once in a while because i am such a homebody (my alter loves to explore) so i am definitely taking up this one.

8. Add Masters Degree to Resume: Yep, i'll finally do this and i am happy about this. In my country, qualifications do matter and that translates to achieving Resolutions 4, 5 and 6.

For now, i can only think of these. What are your new year resolutions? Have a wonderful day. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Seriously, i hope you're not glancing through my blog without leaving a comment. It won't take much of your time as i read each and every comment. Thanks as you do so. Peace.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...