Sunday, February 13, 2011

Say it loud and proud!!!

Hello everyone?

I do hate apologising but i will have to do it now. I apologise for not blogging simply because my boss stubbornly refused to pay for the company subscription and i was absorbed in my WIP and (fell ill in the middle) and tried to do some car shopping (probably SUVs) so there you have it.

I tried going through people's blogs to update myself and catch up with the blogosphere and it looks like everyone is busy doing something or the other. That's what the real world can do to you. I have gained a few pounds (arrggh, thanks chocolates, fast food and other junk!) and i had my first rejection...ever. From one of the biggest romance publishing houses...Harlequin from the So You Think You Can Write Contest. Anyway, i have learnt a lot from that and that's why i will say what i have to say...loud and proud.

  1. When you get rejected, it's not the end of the world. Because someone doesn't like your work, doesn't mean someone else won't.
  2. Learn from the experience and move on. I have read a lot of Harlequin books and seriously some storylines are a bit annoying and cliche-driven and flawed but those manuscripts still got published. My story was unique (like what any body would say) as i do not live in a fantasy world. Yep, love is sweet and nice and it still hurts/sucks and why shouldn't you inculcate that in your work? We do not live in a century where knights come in shining armours, instead they get on your nerves and yet still fall in love with them.
  3. Be surrounded with positive energy. I instantly researched agents who are more likely to approve my work and i have been thoroughly encouraged by the experience.
       (SAW THESE REALLY COOL WALLPAPERS FOR RESTROOMS ON THE NET)


4.          This would be the last time i enter into another contest with millions of people all over the globe. 
             Why? My boyfriend told me that most of these publishing houses are suffering from in-house   
            writers' block so they are looking for fresh new ideas to steal from. Obviously if you've never been   
            published before, you would do anything and everything in your power to impress them so they steal 
            ideas and still reject you.

5.        My middle may be a bit heavy, same with my cheeks and butt but i still get to show off my curvy
           body off. YEAH, CUZ I AM SAYING IT LOUD AND PROUD!

I truly missed all of you so i would now be blogging during weekends or whenever i can get my own internet subscription which is very much going to be possible this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Seriously, i hope you're not glancing through my blog without leaving a comment. It won't take much of your time as i read each and every comment. Thanks as you do so. Peace.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...