A bizarre incident occured last weekend. A male neighbour on my street was scheduled for an appendisectomy on sunday morning. So, he got ready and proceeded with the surgery. Then in a twinkle of an eye, he was gone. Now, i don't know whether the anaesthesia was improperly administered or he just blacked out like that. The crux of the matter was that the man died. He was the bread winner of the family and the only son.
What amazed me was the sudden burial a few hours later. To make matters even more intriguing, the man's body was still warm. WARM. So, could it be, that he was still in a medically induced coma and the doctors failed to realize that he might still be alive (probably with a faint but sure heart response)? Anyway, he was buried withour further ado.
Then comes the intriguing part: The family were upstairs and the generator was switched on. After hours of service, the generator switched itself off for 15 minutes and then switched itself on again. The family scrambled out of the house in fear that probably the guy's ghost was hunting them.
As funny as this may sound, it still bores down to the fact that this was a tragedy. The man was 24/25 years of age with a prospective future which was cut short by a doctor's negligence and the speedy burial which could have been much later in order to ascertain whether he was truly dead or not (either through revival or autopsy to determine cause of death).
On a lighter note, thank God it's friday. And for my curious peeps, my ankle is 90% healed. Have fun. Don't drink and drive and Nigerians, your vote is in your hands. Vote wisely because i do not want to hear complaints thereafter.