The competition has rules so here's mine.
The dish i am bringing to the blogfeast is Jollof Rice and Spicy Chicken.
To create this, you need the following for 2 people:
* 2 cups of white rice (whichever specie, either long or short)
* 5 Chilli pepper or 5 red bell pepper
* 2 Medium sized onions
* 2 Tomatoes
* 3 carrots for garnishing
* Half a tin can of green peas
* A kilogram of chicken or 2 chicken laps
* A teacup full vegetable oil
* 2 tablespoons of sweet corn
* A clove of garlic
* A knife spread of butter
* Seasoning cubes Spicy Fried Chicken
* A small bowl of water
1) Wash the chicken laps and put in a medium sized pot. Dice a whole onion and sprinkle on the chicken. Add a teaspoon of salt and 2 seasoning cubes. Add a dash of curry and thyme. Add no water and leave to boil. The water that emits from the chicken will cook it. Cook for 20 minutes until tender. Don't throw the chicken liquid away.
2) Blend the washed pepper, tomaotoes and a whole (second) onion mid-speed, depending on your blender. The mixture should not be too smooth or too rough.
3) Slice the third onion onto a plate. Get a medium sized pot and pour the vegetable oil into it. Leave on the fire until its hot (like 3 minutes. You'll see the smoke build up). Pour the sliced onions and stir fry. When its fried halfway (you should smell the fragrance of fried onions), pour almost all the blended pepper into it and stir fry.
4) Stir fry the blended pepper for 5 minutes and add water to it. The water must be enough to cover and cook the rice. Let's say, 2 fuzzy drink cups for the rice.
5) Wash the rice and add to the liquid. Add the shrimps to cook with it. Leave the rice to cook. Check from time to see if the water is getting dry. Do not stir.
6) Cut the garlic onto a plate. Keep it aside.
7) Get a frying pan and put some oil into it. When its hot, put the remaining pepper into it and stir fry for 5 minutes. Add the boiled chicken and stir. Sprinkle some garlic on it when its almost golden brown. Fry for 3 extra minutes. Remove and leave in pan or dish on a plate and cover it.
8) Don't forget about your rice!!! Taste it to see if its almost soft. If its still hard, pour small quantities of water and check from time to time. Don't overpour or the rice will be soggy and we don't want that. When its sooo close to getting soft, pour the chicken liquid into it, the sweet corn, green peas, one seasoning cube, 2 tablespoons of curry, 1 tablespoon of thyme, garlic and a pinch of salt and the butter. Leave for a minute.
9) Carefully stir the contents thoroughly. Taste to see if the seasoning is okay. If its not, add a little pinch of the seasoning cube. Refrain from the salt at this point as it will be salty because of the chicken liquid added to it. It should have this smoky aroma. Usually, the underneath is burnt. If yours is, don't panic, its normal.
10) Serve on a flat plate with the fried chicken by the side. Drink a cold glass of water/cocktail with it.
You can prepare this recipe and give me your feedback. Please note, that if you are not a pepper-driven person, reduce the quantity of the pepper from 5 to say, 3 and increase the quantity of the tomatoes but the pepper should not be less than 3.